Friday, December 7, 2012

Even though you might not think they're real, rainy days happen. No I'm not talking about days where it's actually raining outside, I'm talking about days that bad things happen unexpectedly.

So for Christmas I've convinced my dad to help me restore an old Yamaha Big Wheel that has been sitting in our back yard for the past ten years. He was going to pay for half of it, as my Christmas present, and I was going to pay for the other half, because it's going to be a spendy craft. Well... my plans kind of went down the drain the other day when BOTH of the front tires on my car went flat. I guess I never really realized it, but you have to replace them about every three years, and it came up quick! I mean, let's get real! Spend money on a car? Besides gas, I've never really had to buy anything, because my dad just has it all! I ended up spending $254 the other day, that was supposed to go into fixing my bike.

Now, I'm not broke... but right now I have a lot less money in my savings account than I'm used to having, and it's KILLING ME! All of those pairs of shoes, and swigs, and lunch dates with my friends are coming back to haunt me. I wish that I would have taken my dad's advice, and saved a lot more money than I have. I'm lucky that my "a-ha" moment wasn't completely financially devastating, because I know that it could have been, but trust me... I'll be saving a lot more than I spend from now on, because rainy days sneak up on you, and more often than not, they don't come with a forecast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment