Friday, October 12, 2012

Hey, you. GET OVER IT!

Why do us girls feel the need to linger on every little thing that other girls do, or say that offend them? Why do we let the small, unimportant stuff ruin our lifelong friendships? Why can't we just get over it and move on?

::NEWSFLASH::
Let's Get Real.

Why can't we just all be happy, and nice to each other? There is nothing more destructive to a friendship than lingering on something that doesn't really matter. If people brushed more of the unimportant stuff off, there would be half as many problems in the world today; I swear by it!

I can't tell you that I haven't ever done this, because I totally have! It just took me until now to realize that not just letting some things go, is one of the stupidest things that someone can do....

So, in 8th grade I had this friend. We were BEST friends. We used to do everything together, and we used to have so much fun. I liked this boy, and my best friend knew it, but she started to "go out" with him anyways. No one told me. I found out about a week later, and as soon as I found out, all heck broke loose! I wouldn't talk to her, I wouldn't hang out with her, and I wouldn't forgive her.

Even though my friend did a really, really crappy thing to me, it's my fault that we weren't friends after it happened. I could have chosen to forgive and forget, and not let a stupid BOY get between us, but I did, and because I did, I lost a really great friend. Now, we both had really great friends in high school, and we were cordial to each other, but we missed out on so many memories because I wouldn't just let it go.

::ON THE OTHER HAND::
Why are girls so mean to each other? We know how it feels to be judged. We know how it feels to be disliked, so why do we put that upon other people when we know how badly it hurts? Again, I can't say that I haven't done this either, though I can't think of a specific instance, but I hate that it happens. It's unfair to everyone in the situation. NO ONE feels good about it in the long run; and for the person who is putting this undeserved hatred onto another person, you might feel powerful now, but in the long run, Karma will come back to get you, and I know that to be true.

Everyone, it's just not worth it. Lingering on stupid things like "who got the boy" or something that someone said without thinking, just isn't worth it. The best way to deal with a situation like this is to simply, get over it, forgive, forget, and move on.
also,
Be nice whenever possible, and it's ALWAYS possible. 

"The Savior made a clear connection between being forgiven of our sins and forgiving others who have wronged us. Sometimes the wrongs others have done to us are very, very painful and very hard to either forgive or forget. I am so grateful for the comfort and healing I have found in the Lord’s invitation to let go of our hurts and turn them over to Him. In Doctrine and Covenants, section 64, He said: “I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men. And ye ought to say . . . let God judge between me and thee, and reward thee according to thy deeds” (D&C 64:10-11). Then we must drop the matter completely, letting the Lord take it from there, if we desire to be healed." Elder J. Devn Cornish

1 comment: