Thursday, November 1, 2012

-- Pick Two --

I never thought that "furthering my education" would limit me so much. I've always thought that college would be so... liberating, and create amazing experiences and opportunities for me. Though I'm sure that the great experiences and opportunities will start coming after years of hard work and devotion to my schooling, I'm getting worn out NOW!

I was recently stalkin' up the tweets, and I saw a retweet from a kid who said something like...

Pick two:
-Get good grades
-Have a job
-Have a social life


I just sat and thought to myself about how true this really is!

If I don't have a job, I can spend time with my friends and do homework, but I won't have any money.
If I don't do my homework I can spend time with my friends and have a job, but I'll have bad grades.

... now, because I'm way too responsible, I obviously choose the third option...

If I don't spend any time with my friends, I can have a job, and good grades, but I'll be, like, the loneliest person alive.

I know, I know. You're all thinking "wow, this girl is so pathetic; all she does is complain." That's not what I'm doing... (Okay, it is... but...) The point that I'm trying to prove is the fact that I have so much faith that by going to college, and keeping a job so that I have money to go to college, my life will be so much better in the future. I think it's amazing that so many people DO have this much faith, because college is hard! It would be so easy to just graduate high school, and start working a minimum wage job, and live with your parents until you get married. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, because for some people, that's the smartest way to go! But what I am saying is that I really look up to anyone who has the ability to choose the college path, and sticks it out till the end, because I'm just now realizing how difficult it is.

Kudos to every alumni from every college everywhere. The sacrifices that all of you have made for an education has driven me to want the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment