Friday, October 18, 2013

Unbelievable

Let's keep this short and sweet and get to the music. I've been traveling in a car for the past eight hours, which gave me plenty of time to reassess my top ten favorite songs. In no particular order... I give you ten of the best songs on my iPod.

P.S. I am not responsible for all of the crappy non-music-videos. They were all I could find, and hey, I'm just trying to provide you good music... not watching entertainment. ;)

Prehistoric - Now, Now

:: Okay, so I am in love with this song not only because it's melody embodies that high-school love story that every girl secretly wishes for, but because it's one of those songs that you don't need to understand to love. Trust me, I would know. I've read through the lyrics of this song at least a dozen times, and I still don't get it, however it's one of the songs I listen to every time I get in the car.



Look After You - The Fray

:: I'm completely obsessed with the Fray. I have just about every track that they've made, and I can sing all of them word for word (in the car while I'm by myself and at no other time.) This is without a doubt my favorite "Fray Song". I love it because... I mean, let's get real... is this not the epitome of what everyone wants out of a relationship? Someone to look after them, and take care of them, and someone that they can do that for.
.

 Even If It Breaks Your Heart - Eli Young Band

:: So you knew a country song was coming, because I'm a wannabe country girl. I love this song, because it's not about being in love. Okay, well it is... but it's about being in love with what you're passionate about. This song basically tells you to screw all of your doubts, and keep on going for what you want, "even if it breaks your heart", because if you don't... guarantee that you'll regret it.



The A Team - Ed Sheeran

::  Okay guys, come on. Try and tell me that you don't love this song too. When Mikale first made me listen to this song, I was so clueless. Then she explained to me what it was about, and I fell in love. I think that this is one of those songs that can change a persons life. It's so sad, and true, and eye-opening.




 Tiptoe - Imagine Dragons

::This song alone makes me regret not going to any of the Imagine Dragons concerts at GoGo while they were still a small indie band. This is one of my power songs! This is secretly how I want to be in life. I wouldn't be mad being that underestimated girl who makes her way to the top and nobody expects it. After all, "nobody else can take me higher" but myself.




Midnight City - M83

:: This song is one of those instant head-bangers. I listen to this just about every time I'm on the freeway, and I just want to rev up to 100. It's another one of my power songs. I'm a little obsessed with the transition from the bridge to the main melody too. Listen to it. How can you not just want to jump up and dance at that part?




Ohio - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

:: I think that this song has a great feel to it. I'm also a huge fan that it's a song about an actual historic event. It's like subliminal historical messaging haha.




DONE. - The Band Perry

:: This song is so angsty, and powerful! There are a few people in my life that I can apply it to as well. It's a song that can be applied to so many different situations, because it's so gender inspecific! It's a great song to listen (and sing (yell) ) to when you're angry at someone, and trust me I've used it many-a-time.




I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You) - John Mayer

:: This is one of those songs you can just sink into. I'm usually not a fan of this smooth-jazz-like music, but this one is irresistible. I'm pretty sure that John is a Music God, because he has the voice of a raspy angel. This song is like, hey, I don't trust myself with loving you, but I'm probably gonna do it anyway so deal. FINE.


P.s. Note that this song is at least 200x better as the "Live in Los Angeles" track, and in my opinion the only way to listen to it.

Slow Dancing in a Burning Room - John Mayer

:: This may or may not be my all time favorite song ever. Even the title is dreamy. John Mayer just has a way with words, and it's no wonder that he's won so many music awards. Listening to his music is like being brain washed, but in a good way. He can take all of my worries away


 P.s. Same applies to this song as the last... "Live in Los Angeles" is the only way to go. In fact, while you're at it just buy yourself the whole CD because it's so worth it. I've had it for years and I've probably listened to the whole thing over 100 times. Not exaggerating on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment